New Engine book coming out soon!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Deve, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Deve

Deve Member

Hi guys! Long time no see! I have been very busy over the past year working on a Stovebolt Engine book for Cartech, Inc. They are THE company that does technical books for the automotive industry. Once I did some research, I was impressed that they have done some really good work.

Anyhow, they asked me to write a book on the 1929-1962 Stovebolt engines. This worked for me since I have a lot of information already on my website. So, its done and due out in November. You can pre-order on Amazon in the US, PGUK in the UK and NLA in Australia. More info on my home page at devestechnet.com. I am also allowed to sell the books on my website, so you can order them there. I put everything I know and what others know and then some into this labor of love, and my hope it is useful for YOU.

Then, they liked my work so asked me to do another book which I am working on now. Its called How to Restore your 1947-1955 Chevy Pickup due out in 2019. This is a frame up restoration book that is very detailed and hopefully something worthwhile. Hopefully the vendors put these works in their catalogs.

RidesWithYah likes this.
  2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

What'll take to get an autographed first edition?

3. Deve

Deve Member

Well, I do not do autographs for rabble. I am too busy with my book tour and being added to the New York Times Bestseller list. I hope you understand. LOL!
    If it weren't for my friends like you, I wouldn't have been asked. I hope I don't embarrass anyone!

4. RidesWithYah

RidesWithYah Member

This sounds terrific, but I couldn't find the book on Amazon.
    Can you please share a link, so I can pre-order?

5. Deve

Deve Member

RidesWithYah likes this.
  6. 51 chevy pu

51 chevy pu Member

Deve,
    Thanks so much for the work you've done on this topic. I would have never gotten my project back on the road without the knowledge you have shared. Ordered the book.

fjc

7. Terry Henderson

Terry Henderson Member

Hi dave, I trust you and all the members are very well? I have just bought my first pickup a 1953.
    She is running and coming to me shortly. My intention is to learn what I can prior to full restoration.
    I for one would be very interested in the new book how to restore.
    Please drop me a note when available an I will purchase this.

I am based in Scotland and look forward to many talks with all you members.

Thanks Terry

8. Deve

Deve Member

The engine book is out! Or IN! However you look at it, I have copies ready to send from my website, or you can use Amazon, or the outlets in the EU or Australia. The complete how to restore a 47-55 truck is in the works and will be out mid to late 2019. Here is where I am now. Keep in mind, I do ALL the work myself. Just got done color sanding and putting the cab on the frame yesterday!

Attached Files:

9. Bilbo1

Bilbo1 Member

I'm looking forward to having both books in my collection! Thanks for the work you put in to produce them. BTW, I love the color of the restoration project truck!

10. Deve

Deve Member

Yep, Yellow is under-rated. I noticed where 67% of all humans on the planet dislike yellow. Well, they have no idea what they are missing. It is the most versatile color. You can add black, white, gray or even red to make the base color really POP! I totally agree. As of tonight, this is where I am in the process. The book will be VERY informative. Understand that without you guys and all of the wonderful people I have encountered over the years, I wouldn't be able to do any of this, so THANK YOU!

Attached Files:

11. Bilbo1

Bilbo1 Member

I noticed the drawers in the seat pedestal! I'm planning that for my truck eventually. I'll use Deve's instructions from website! Thanks for the guidance.
    20180416_154014.jpg
    How do I get the picture right side up?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  12. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Stand on your head.

13. Bilbo1

Bilbo1 Member

Tried that... everything went black!

14. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

My self I like Alaska or Yukon yellow, softer original Advance Design colors .

Insurance Company actuarial tables show things about yellow vehicles and their owners......#rolleyes# .

15. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Mine is Yukon Yellow. It has a slight 'creamy' touch that softens the yellow a bit. BTW Nate, have you read my thread about u-joint issue? Seems like you might be able to add some info there. Namely, do you know how much gear oil was put in the ball socket at the factory?

16. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

The color in your avatar is certainly not Yukon yellow .

I'm a big fan of pastels, always have been .

17. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

You're right! One of the trucks I started with was Yukon yellow, but alas, mine is from a 2004 GM and GEO color!

18. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Best of all, : NOT ONE OTHER truck looks as unique as yours ! .

Be proud , I would .

19. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Thanks Nate! 20181117_152005.jpg

20. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

'Tis the other way 'round Bilbo :

Thanx to you who saved and built this beautiful rig, I let my '49 go and now have a '69 C/10, it's nice (and has the all important slushbox)but it's not (IMO) truly a Vintage Chevrolet Light Duty truck .