New Old Guy (both of us) in Albuquerque

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by morabuffalo, May 25, 2012.

1. morabuffalo

morabuffalo Member

When I'm 64...and my friend is 59...he will retire and give me a new lease on life...and we are both having the time of our lives! I have had my 1948 Chevy Truck for about 40 years, but it has spent most of its life "protected in the garage under my wife's junk." We rode it a lot back years ago. I would work on it, but get frustrated and it would end up either at the ranch or in the garage. It used to get beat up badly at the ranch. My boys basically have the same truck, but one is hot rod and the other is rat rod...and mine is the Original Rod (and happens to be my name too). Well, about a year ago my son drove his to the Viva show in LV and came home and told me that I had one year to make the trip...that I was retired...no excuses! Well, we made it! And in the last two months I have put almost 3000 miles on my truck! It is in better shape than it has ever been...I plan to be way above a "daily driver"...it is going to be on the open road as much as possible. I only wish I were seeing many more "Viejitos" out there! Gotta go...to Northern NM...about 400 miles more on the odd...I am sure glad I zeroed that out when I got it redone. Rod

2. Zig

Zig Member

Well, let me be the first to welcome you aboard, Rod! Retired AND made to drive your old AD~ Life's good! One thing I need to say is, we *love* pictures. So if you could post a few, we'd love to see this truck!
    Welcome, and "Enjoy the ride"! :cool:

3. ccharr

ccharr Member

Welcome Aboard.

4. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Welcome to the message boards! As Zig already told ya, pictures are a huge hit around here. If you need help posting them, I'd be glad to do it for you. Shoot me a message if you need a hand.

Damon

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Welcome rod !!

Life is good when you're behind the wheel of AMERICA'S MOST POPULAR TRUCK .