New seat for a 66

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by leavmeb, Jul 8, 2009.

1. leavmeb

leavmeb Member

I have a 66 c-10, wondering if anybody new what later model seats my fit with the least mods.
    I would like a seat for three with three point restraints.
    Any imput would be appreciated.

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Stay with the late model Chevy or GMC trucks and it's pretty much a bolt-in. Some new drilling may be required.
    Two things though. It seems you are concerned about safety wanting three-point belts. In that case consider using Juliano's seat belt anchors to mount the seat. They guarentee them to NOT pull through the floor in the event of a collision.
    The other thing? It's just my opinion, but I think the late model seats, with built-in restraints and tall backs, look goofy in our trucks, especially if you have a big back windowed cab. BUT,, they are better from a personal protection standpoint...

dv

3. Vin63

Vin63 Member

I've seen several 90-93 GM truck split bench seats in our trucks...my buddy has one of the 60-40 split benches in his '66. No cutting was involved to mount it. As far as the 3-point restraints, Juliano's is a great source...you may have to do something a little creative for the middle seat if you don't want the retractor housing mounted in plain view under the back window.

4. drabo

drabo Member

Seats out of a 99-2006 will fit but it is a little tight. If you go that route get them out of a GMC. They are more comfortable.

5. kieth

kieth Member

I have a crimson cloth seat out of a 1991 suburban, you would just have to use he seat tracks and brackets out of your 66 to make it work. The width is perfect. I have no idea what it will cost to ship it to you......Kieth