New to this forum and I love it. "PLEASE SEE MESSAGE"

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by KYGEARHEAD, Jun 15, 2022.

1. KYGEARHEAD

KYGEARHEAD Member

Hi guy's and gals.
    My name is Tim and I live in Fancy Farm, Ky. My best friend for the last 45 yrs has a 49 Chevy truck 3100 and around 10 years ago his father took the drivers side rear tire and brake drum off and took the complete brake assembly out due to the brake being seized to the drum then he put the drum and tire back so he could move it out the shop. He in return put it all in a 5 gallon bucket. Well to make a long story short the bucket got tossed by someone after his father passed 2 weeks later. The 4 connecting links and hardware for them are the only items he needs. We've looked for them on the web for the last 2-3 months with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He said he'd be willing to buy a complete rear end if that's the only option. Once I get a picture of the truck I will post it. It's Seattle yellow in color and he calls it "Lemon Joy"

vwnate1 likes this.
  2. e015475

e015475 Member

vwnate1 likes this.
  3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

WELCOME TIM ! .

Please keep us updated, I saw in the other post a link to the E-Bay drums & parts, let us know if they help .

Remember : never, EVER turn or machine these old drums ! they were marginal when new and once turned heat up and fade fairly quickly .

I used to haul scrap and flat tow cars with both my '46 and '49 3100 series Chevy trucks, these brakes were barely adequate when new .

4. KYGEARHEAD

KYGEARHEAD Member

e015475 found what was needed on of all things EBAY. Who would've thought. Thanks again e015475. I showed it to my friend and he couldn't get it bought fast enough. After that he informed me that the E brake lever is needed also. I'll have him get ahold of the eBay seller that had the items that he bought and see if they by chance have one to go with those items as well, if not the lever is need for the driver side also and any help with that is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all the help. :)

vwnate1 likes this.