New Updates

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by morabuffalo, Jan 26, 2014.

1. morabuffalo

morabuffalo Member

There are always tons of things to do relating to the 48, and I do the fluff!

I have another 235 that I want to go through and see if it is a sleeping power plant(spare engine, trans, rear, frame). I have other things to do too.

So, I decide to redo my gunny sack motif. I have some pics of the chain guards with longer covers...the others shrank and looked old after a couple of years, the arm rests, and new to the style!!! the gear shift cover! Now, I am wondering what else could be added to "the look".

Man, I must be bored. I need to get to the real projects and work I have to do...Oh, for those of you who noted the lock hanging from the dash...I put in the chain in an original hole there and lock up the truck very easily when I stop...just grab the shifter and it is in Granny Gear! I throw a rag over it so they don't see it until too late...Oh, I also have one that comes from the bottom of the seat, so I have the option of grabbing reverse.

I do do know about the system, but it sure makes me feel better...and one more thing to get through...and rolling it down the road would be dumb being stuck in reverse or Granny.

Oh, also took out my old original wheels and painted them...and even still had the original hubcaps that came with my truck 40 years ago...yes, I know...but for every fact you find there are lots of exceptions way back then. I am not saying either way...it is just like lots of other stuff back then..."The Truth is Out There." Oh, this color is the pattern on the vintage trailer...some extra paint!

rod

Attached Files:

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I like it

Those chain covers look nice , they always wear / rot away quickly no matter what you use .

What does it say below the rear window ? .

3. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Peace sign from the 60 tees

As the old hippy i am i noticed the Peace , love and no war sign on your truck , like it a lot :)

Thank you fore sharing Martinius.