New Year's Chico Ride 2014

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by morabuffalo, Jan 26, 2014.

1. morabuffalo

morabuffalo Member

Only one picture this year...my two boys and I(oh, and wives!!! oh #2, and kids) get up New Years and we take a ride...while all of the winos are sleeping it off.

This year did alot of the same as last but made it up to Espanola, then back to Santa Fe Plaza, and back to Albuquerque...lots more tourists this year! It was warm compared to last year. Trucks ran good! My truck is original 1948, Chris's is a 1949, and Rod's is a 1950. One guy said he had dreams of seeing one of these trunks on the road, but could not believe there were three in front of him. He took a pic with his son at the steering wheel! It was a super day. My wife came up with the idea of taking the vintage trailer(1963 Cardinal) next year for a picnic. Sounds like a good idea. Either way we kinda stop tourist in their tracks when we go someplace together.

rod

Attached Files:

2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Nice. You should see the looks when our group ( the Retarded Sparks) roll to the beach in the spring, 20-30 cars long. Of course, I am the only AD as of yet, though we may be adding 3 more this year....

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

A Mini Parade !

That's terrific ! .

When my Son was a lad , we'd always get up before dawn and drive / ride one of my oldies far away to breakfast , the weather was always nice , the roads clear of drunks and others and the people out always liked seeing the oldies on the road .

THANK YOU for sharing ! .

Russ , I really like " The Retarded Sparks " as a Club Name , it sounds like me :p .

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

It fits our crowd well......

5. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Old homies

Retarde sparks :) Funny name. Thanks for sharing Martinius.