Discussion in '1947-1954' started by indybowtie, Oct 19, 2011.

1. indybowtie

indybowtie Member

Wow...I bought all my parts from Classic to rebuild my '48 AD since last October and just today found this forum! My head must have been up ....
    Have been driving my '48 since January, few thousand miles, all stock except for the T5 trans, Nova rear and Astro van seat. Sat behind a barn in Kansas for 38 years, oiled down the cylinders, installed new carb and points, and it started right up, and runs better every day.

Attached Files:

2. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Wow...is that an original decal on the doors? You'll make a lot of mouths drool over that. How do you like the T5 is it on a 216 0r a 235? Anyhow Welcome to the forum.

Flashlight

3. indybowtie

indybowtie Member

Drool if you want...it is not original, just an artists rendition. And I and the 216 love the T5. Really cruises down the highway nicely. Have a 283 to install soon and will put the T5 behind it as well.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

! Welcome newbie !

Nice truck .

Too bad about the 283 tho' :( .

Remember to save all the old L6 parts as others will want them , might take a while but they'll be sought after .

5. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Cool ride. Do you have any other photos posted yet?

6. 3/4 gmc 1952

3/4 gmc 1952 Member

Welcome. I am a fairly new addition to this forum as well but have already learned so much. I really like the artistic addition to your ride. Looks awesome. You will find that the gang here is always appreciative of photos and ever willing to answer any questions you may have. Glad to not be the new kid on the block anymore!!
    Jason

7. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

T5 combined with Nova rear end.

I am intrested to know moore about the way you have installed your T5 combined with the Nova rear end ? What year is the Nova rear end from. Is this combination a bolt on solution ? Pictures of the setup (T5 and the Nova Rear end) are very apreciated!

Great looking logo with that cab color.

Welcome aboard Martinius.:)

8. Zig

Zig Member

Welcome!!!

Great looking ride!!! Love the wide whites and color combo complete with logo! :cool:

But yes, we need more pictures. Like the tear drop trailer you are hooked up to. :D

283, eh? I love those. I'd like to get one and rebuild it and have ready for whenever my 228 gives up the ghost.

Welcome aboard, and look forward to more pictures!

9. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Very nice truck. Welcome to the forum. I'd second Martinius' request about details of the T5 and Nova rear end exchange.

10. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

welcome

nice truck and yes we would to love to see more pics and info on your transmission set up can you drive on the freeway with out getting run over.
    Robert

11. spika

spika Member

Hey, that's a terrific truck! Great artwork, for sure...could have certainly passed for original. Welcome aboard...you'll never find a finer bunch of guys that you've got here...
    Tom

12. indybowtie

indybowtie Member

This is the only pic I have of the t5 installed. As you can see the original rear mount is awfully close to the trans housing so when I make the change to the 283 I will modify it a bit for more space for a rubber mount. I did not use an adapter for the trans...I shortened the input shaft about 3/8", shortened the bearing collar about 1", lengthened the splines on the input shaft about 1/2", and drilled out the mounting holes to accept 1/2" bolts. The '68 Nova rear was almost a direct bolt-in, although it is a tad narrow (60") so i used 1" spacers on the wheels. The spring pads were exactly the right width.

Attached Files:

13. bowtiesr4me

bowtiesr4me Member

SWEET TRUCK indy!
    I just got thru putting a 327 in my '48 w/a t350 tranny. easier to wave and talk on the fone the same time.:eek:
    Enjoy yours as much as i do mine I hope!

Mike

14. indybowtie

indybowtie Member

Just added more pics to album.

15. Indy225

Indy225 Member

Trans/rear end set up

Really dig the paint scheme! I am doing the same color scheme Black/Blue. Would like to talk to you regarding your parts list as I want to drive the truck at 55-60 miles per hour.Thanks for sharing and you need to post lots of pics on this site or guys get really bummed!!!!!

16. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Pictures interieur wagons

Hey

IndyB. As you are in the restoring buisness it would nice to see some more pictures of the inside compartments of those nostalgic vehicles ! I love some of those teardrop wagens you have restored , specially the one with the woodpanell siding.

Regards Martinius

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  17. Wolf

Wolf Member

Fantastic Truck! Thanks for the pics. You are in the right hands here, these guys have been my go to place with any problems.

18. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Driving Speed

The 235 engine easily propels these rigs to 65 MPH if you set it up right , I do this in my '49 , long distance and never any problems .

If you want a (yawn) V-8 , just be clear about it , don't cloud the issue .

19. indybowtie

indybowtie Member

Finally got the 216 and straight axle out. Getting frame prepped for Fatman IFS and 283
    http://[​IMG]

20. indybowtie

indybowtie Member

IFS is now in.

Attached Files: