noisy 216

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by breezy, Apr 19, 2009.

1. breezy

breezy Member

So how loud shoul these be. Should it chatter like and old slant 6 dodge or really tap tap alot. Runs well just seems awfully loud.

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

InLine GM 6 Banger Noise

It's pretty noisy but , the noise should be consistant , no cylinders louder than others .

Just like the old Chrysler Slant 6 engines , it should clatter right along .

Proper firewall sound deadening will reduce the noise almost completely as will re-bushing the rockers and a new rocker shaft .

3. breezy

breezy Member

Thanks Nate. It's cosistant just seems a little loud. I'll check out some tuning specs. Just seems louder than engines I have had in the past. Never had a no oil pump engine.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

It Has An Oil Pump

~ it just doesn't have pressurized lube to the rod bearings (" Target Lubrication ") so don't EVER overspeed nor lug the engine and it'll out last you and your grandkids .

Look in my older posts for how to properly tune it so it not only starts instanly hot or cold , but will have roaring power in all RPM's and loads , like the good people @ Generous Motors designed it to .

Lots of clean , fresh thin(ish) oils will keep it running long , don't forget
    to always change the oil filter too ! and of course , HOT oil changes , not just warm .