Offy tri-power

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Hotrodkilroy, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Hotrodkilroy

Hotrodkilroy Member

Im looking for info/pics on how to unite a offenhauser 3 x1 carb setup to a 292 chevy inline 6. More specifically how to make a throttle linkage form the Accerlater to the carbs .In the orginal manifold I had a pivot bar the was near the cyl head that moved the linkage to the outside of the carbs. I dont have that setup on the offy set up so im tring to get the throttle linkage to the outside of the carbs. thought about cable linkage but to tight of bends to make it work. Cant move foot pedal cause of firewall. Need Help !!!! Kilroy.

2. Rich 5150 69

Rich 5150 69 Member

If it were me I would get the pedal assembly from a mid seventies truck, actually get two, put a very small hole in the fire wall where the cable will go thru, just for aligment purposes, we`ll enlarge it later for the firewall furel, try to align the pedal asembly to the hole, if you need more arm or a wider bend on the pedal assembly, bend it to suit your needs, if it needs to be longer, cut the end off the one your mounting in the truck, cut the other off at the base and weld together, when aligned by youself a Lokar cable and cut to fit, now is the time you`ll need to enlarge the firewall hole to fit the cable sleave furel, caution when setting up your pedal, you`ll need a pedal stop set up so that you have full throttle but not past this point or you`ll brake the cable or bend linkage.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

GM ' Custom ' Throttle

What he's talking about here is the '73 ~ '87 full size GM truck stock gas pedal assy ~ it's very simple and well designed , once you see it in the junkyard , you'll see .

Whn removing it , be sure to catch the tiny screws that hold it in , it's only three pieces and very nice to use on anything .