oil filter

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by chalky, Dec 23, 2007.

1. chalky

chalky Member

I've read allot about the oil filters on six cylinder. but does anyone know where the lines go for a 265 ???? I have one that bolts to the thermostatic housing .......one line probably to the port above the timing cover but not sure.... I know they don't move much oil , but some is better then none.. would appreciate any help..... Thanks....

2. steve

steve Member

OIL Filter Connections

This is how I connected mine, there are two sizes of filters offer as an option. Also there is a nice fram setup on e-bay right now.

I hope the picture works, I cant attached the photo. I will try to send to your e-mail f I find it.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  3. dane st. cyr

dane st. cyr Member

265 V8 oil filter

I have a 265 V8 and it didnt come with an oil filter , I did install an aftermarket FRANTZ filter and ran the lines from the pressure side back into the freeze plug behind the distributor. The blocks were recast somtime in late 55 or early 56 with a cannister type filter.
    :D

4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

5. chalky

chalky Member

Thank you

Ken thank you very much, that is what I was looking for, was beginning to think I was the only person trying to put a filter on a 265 V8. Thanks again

6. Sledge Hammer

Sledge Hammer Member

Take the time to go to the main page of the link above, www.chevy.tocmp.com. The info compiled there is amazing. It takes all day to look it over.

Sledge