Ok, so it's not technically a truck...

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by spika, Jan 15, 2012.

1. spika

spika Member

Well, here's a couple pics of my latest love interest...a '37 Chevy business coupe. 'Bout as close to a bucket of parts as you can get, but the body is actually in pretty decent condition, and I think most of the major parts are there...somewhere...I think...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fab51

fab51 Member

Looks like a good project for a souped up 261 Chev or a 302 GMC :)

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Dream Car

..Is what a '37 Business Coupe it to me ~ .

I too think it'd be better with a hotted up Inliner under the hood .

4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Wow Spika! From the pictures, it looks like a very solid body! Do you have the hood side panels and the runningboards? In my opinion, the '37 was the greatest body style Chevy ever designed!

Want some interesting, but useless trivia? The '47 thru '53 AD trucks used the same tail-light lens as the '37 Chevy. As a matter of fact, Chevy used that lens in some form or other continously from '37 thru '53!

Keep the pics coming!

Ken:cool:

5. spika

spika Member

Great useless facts, Ken...seems as tho the manufacturers used a bit more common sense back then, saving the inventory cost of a different lense for each year. Somewhere along the line we lost that sense-

I found out that the GMC 52 parking lamp lenses are diffenent than the 47-50's...got a pair of wrong sized ones I accidently ordered in last summer, if anyone is in need. Seems like those could have been the same thing pretty easily as well, but neoooooooooooo....

Yep, got the hood side panels, but I believe I'm short the running boards...will have to be on the lookout for a set of those, but suspect I'll end up going new. They're not the thing that's normally parted out from a body and still in usable shape. Short the grill as well; not sure what all else yet. Still have a few boxes of assorted parts to pick up-

6. Zig

Zig Member

Nice!

Reminds me of the car the mechanic had at the Skelly station I worked at y-e-a-r-s ago. He had his setting way up as a high-boy. Fat slicks on the back, thin wheels up front... It was way bad!

Congrats on your find. I'm sure you will have much fun with it!