Parts Needed 60-63 1/2 ton!

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by kychevy, Feb 2, 2002.

1. kychevy

kychevy Member

Hello All,

I am the proud owner of a 1962 chevy 1/2 ton stepside. I am currently restoring the truck, and am needing to find a good cab. Mine has pin hole rust in the rain gutters, rust behind the tank, and needs floor pan work! Unfortunately, most of the ones here in Kentucky are either rust buckets, crushed, or dented up very, very badly. I am looking for a source for a cab (or parts truck) within shipping distance, or say a day or two's drive of Kentucky. If any one knows of one, has one, or knows of a salvage yard that could help me I would greatly appreciate the contact info. My email address is h.skelton@kih.net

Regards,

Hugh

2. ChevroletC10

ChevroletC10 Member

Hi Hugh, sorry to hear about your cab; been there done that on my 65! I'm in Oregon, so this probably won't help you much but I can think of about 6 POTENTIAL donors in a local wrecking yard. I know they're the right style, I've just never looked at them for rust, dents etc... If you get too desperate, drop a line to leoncrouch@hotmail.com and I'll look up the phone number. Again, I figure you don't want to drive/ship across country, but I wanted to let you know there are some available should it come down to that.

Leon

3. kychevy

kychevy Member

Thank you Leon,

As you mentioned, that probably would be my last resort, but for the right cab ..... who knows. If you could look up that number and email it to me at h.skelton@kih.net I would appreciate it!

Regards,
    Hugh

4. rupert

rupert Member

Think I have what you need just traded for a 60 c10 short bed with a V8 4 speed it is running but not great cab is in pretty good shape has a little problem with the rocker area but has a lot of good parts. Problem is mine is a 66 long bed and dont need this truck could let the truck go for good price.
    Tom Cotten rupert@pldi.net