Passing

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Chiro, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Chiro

Chiro Member

No, I'm not talking about the left hand lane.

My mom passed away early this morning. She was on vacation in the Bahamas with my dad and her four very best life-long friends. She had a heart attack (her third). It was too big. One of the kind that tears a hole in the muscle. She didn't have a chance. She died a few hours later in the hospital with my dad next to her.

I told my kids tonight after dinner. Boy, did that suck. They're a mess. Thankfully, they are sleeping upstairs now. They didn't want to go back to their mom's tonight. Can you believe that she actually gave me a hard time about it? Don't know why I'm posting about this other than I have friends here that I care about. I never personally met a single one of you, but I feel I know many of you very well.

Say a prayer for my kids, okay? It's going to be very tough for them over the next week. This is the first time they are going through this with someone this close to them.

Andy

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Prayers are in the pipe for you, your kids, and your Mom.

My condolences. Hang in there buddy.

Val

3. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Andy,
    My prayers are with you and your kids. And your dad as well.
    My condolences.
    Bill

4. Steve Katzman

Steve Katzman Member

Things will get better!

Andy, my condonlenses to you and all of your family. Hang in there and be strong, the kids will be more resiliant than you think.

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Andy, so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I know your kids will make it through this just fine. They've got a helluva good dad to get them through it!

Hang tough and always remember, we're good listeners, so don't be afraid to give us an earfull.

Ken

6. GrandpaGlenn0

GrandpaGlenn0 Member

Andy, The passing of a loved one is sad but it is also an opportunity to reflect upon all the great aspects of the relationship. Talk to your kids about her, be prepared to be surprised at the differences between your memories and those of the kids -- their vision of her will include things that you are totally unaware of-- their perspective is much different and will amaze you. It is very apparent that you love the kids greatly, talking about Mom with them will expand their awareness of your feelings for her AND them.
    I'm sorry that your Mom passed but stay strong , both for yourself and the kids.
    Take care,

7. 1952Bowtie

1952Bowtie Member

Very sorry to hear this Andy. We're all with you...hang in there man.

Bob

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Sorry Buddy

But at least you had her for many years and your kids got to know and love her too . this is a great blessing .

As usual ,you're stepping up to the plate and being a good daddy .

We're waiting on my Moms now , I call her regularly as one never knows....

9. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Respects

:( Andy - My prayers are for you and your kids. Family and traditions are wonderful experiences that prepare us to handle life. My mom passed before I got to the stage of appreciation, and my oldest was only held in her arms as a babe. Try to celebrate you mom's life, while feeling the pain of her loss. Larry

10. Zig

Zig Member

You got it~

You and your family will be prayed for. There is never a "good" time to check your bags, but that is such a bummer. Thankfully your dad had some close friends there with him.
    I'm sorry for your loss, Andy. If your dad lives in town with you, maybe your kids can help keep his mind occupied. Maybe he can get involved with your truck project?

God bless,

Paul

11. Larry R

Larry R Member

Sorry for your loss

Andy,

I stood in your shoes a few months back, very similar circumstances. I will have to admit the old saying "time heals," does! My kids have since taken this life experience and built on it, like I think so many of our young kids do. The fastest healing process is involvement with them - not only for the kids but for your self as well.

My thought and prayers are out for you and your family. Remember, stay busy and keep them involved with you and you'll see time does heal.

Larry R
    Central Texas

12. 283 man

283 man Member

Prayers for You Andy and your Kids, God be with you ,hang in there for your kids your Mom with look down on you with pride.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  13. mikesters1950

mikesters1950 Member

Andy,
    My thoughts are with you and your family as well. It's always tough to lose a loved one. Hang tough, and remember to celebrate the good times that you had together........Mike

14. put-put

put-put Member

Prayers for you and the kids. If i lived to 100, i'd still want my parents to be here and in great health...

God Bless, PUT_PUT

15. coilover

coilover Member

Andy,
    Your loss is one that we know we must go through but no less painful with that advance knowledge. One feels so numb but as others have said; time does heal. I know I went through the "could have", "should have", "wished I had" stage but now with healing by time I find myself sometimes smiling or feeling warm when something triggers a memory that is mine alone to share with that person, even though it's only in my mind. God bless and thank you for allowing each of us, through prayer, to carry a tiny portion of your burden.

16. Mudge

Mudge Member

Sorry for your loss

Andy,
    I am new to this forum and was reading previous notes of yours.
    Sorry for your loss, time helps but you never get over it, I still choke up
    when I think of my parents passing. In one of your earlyer postings
    you said you had an R-10 o/d unit. If you still have it please let me
    know. Mine made a loud bang noise last year when shifting so I dissambled
    it this winter and found the roller clutch assy & Output shaft where the
    rollers ride in bad shape, so I am looking for parts or a whole unit. please
    send me an e-mail if you still have it or can help me.
    Thanks David Mudge
    davidmudge@comcast.net

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  17. 58 Chevy pickup

58 Chevy pickup Member

Andy,
    My prayers are with you and your family. I lost my Dad just this past December and I can tell you it was hard to handle, but time does heal. My wife and two sons gave me their shoulder to lean on. I hope your family will be there for you. Take care.
    Your Maryland 235 guy

18. rix 48

rix 48 Member

Ditto to all the previous. Few spoken words and none typed say enough!

19. omega7979

omega7979 Member

Andy, My Sympathy to You

Andy

Losing a loved one is very painfull .......Being 33 and having lost my # 1 grandfather when I was 30 nearly did me in .... but remembering and thinking of all the good memories helped out alot.....Stick together with the kids and all will be well.......again im sorry to hear about your loss.

Take Care,

Leon

20. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

sorry for your loss

Andy
    sorry for you and your kids loss
    i agree i read here more than i post
    and i do feel like you are all friends here.
    Robert