Photo Gallery Feedback

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Suggestions' started by Nick, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

You may have noticed the new photo gallery feature we added recently. We hope that those of you who have used it have enjoyed posting your pictures.

We are interested in knowing what you think of this new feature. Does it seem easy to use? Is there anything that is confusing or could be improved? Is there something you'd like to see added? Do you think it is a useful feature that we should keep? Feel free to leave any comments by replying to this thread. Thanks!

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

I like it Nick. By far, it is easier to post pictures here than any web site I frequent. Also, the fact that the pictures do NOT need to be on a web site somewhere else, allowing upload directly from the poster's home computer, make it easy even for those of us "computer challenged" truck drivers !

Two thumbs up Buddy !!

Val

3. 62 short step

62 short step Member

Can't say anymore. I love it wouldn't change a thing! Jeremy

4. Robert

Robert Administrator Staff Member

Do you like or dislike the photo section opening up a new browser window? Also, should we add a featured photos viewing bar at the top of the forum too? Kind of like we did at the bottom of the forum page?

5. sinerasis

sinerasis Member

I'm kinda on the fence to the new window thing, it's kinda nice that you can save your spot if you're linking from a post somewhere, but if you're on the main page you end up with 3 classic parts windows. Kind of a trade off. It works just fine, and I guess that the extra window makes it worth while, I think I'd keep it the way it is.

I don't think I would like the featured pictures at the top, the bottom works well because it's where the picture gallery is anyways. No need to make it the main attraction, afterall... all the knowledgeable truck help is always the first thing I'm looking for. The pictures are a sweet bonus, that you can use to show off your progress, get some ideas or just help explain something (a picture is worth a million words ya know).

Just wanted to say I like it and probably wouldn't change anything if it was me. :)

6. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Robert,

The new window thing doesn't bother me in the least.
    As for WHERE to post the link on the forum page ??? Hell, I don't know. Folks will get used to it's location no matter what. If you want to call more attention to it, then yes, posting at the top would be better than where it is now.

Overall, I like it a bunch.. Well excuted my friend ! ;)

DVal

7. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Once i figured out how to do it, i love it. Thanks for putting the feature in!

8. Zig

Zig Member

Hey~

If I can do it, it MUST be good!

Thanks guys for even bothering to ask- That's one of the things I love about this site. The only thing that killed me today was the picture size. I can put them in the gallery, but they are to big to be attached- by just an iddybiddybit!
    Oh well- at least I could get them on and viewers can find them! Thanks for all you do for us truck lovers!
    Two thumbs up- WAY up!
    Zig