Pontiac...Off Topic

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by 48long3804, Apr 29, 2009.

1. 48long3804

48long3804 Member

I assume we have all heard the bad news about Pontiac being dropped by GM. The gov't seems to be gaining an extraordinary amount of control over what vehicles the mfgs can produce. It seems performance cars are being stunted and there's no telling what will become of the other GM models like the Corvette, Camaro, CTS, etc.

I've seen a lot of rumors floating around about Buick, Hummer and possibly GMC being eliminated as well. I'd hate to see GMC cut off and I know it would fire up a lot of you G lovers on here as well!:mad:

[​IMG]

2. MJD

MJD Member

Yes, did see that about Pontiac !! Enough to make a guy downright mad - :mad:
    Guess it is the sign of the times. Remember when we truly did buy AMERICAN ?

Our cars, trucks transported like :

[​IMG]

Got this image from that Yenko site you wrote of a few weeks back I think....

A shame to see our tradition going..our Pontiac ! Dang, they were such great cars, great lookers ! We just have too many manufactured cars in total, and all these other countries want in it too !!

:confused:

3. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Without trying to make a Political comment :eek: I,ll just say Yes it would be a shame , Pontiac was a Large Player in the Muscle car, world as well as Classics .

I Would find it hard to beleive them Dropping GMC , Because of there commercial market in Construction & such & More Reasonablly Priced then Chevy .

But then again They Mis named the Swine Flue as There Has been No evidence of it even Slightlly being connected to Swine, which is Allready having a Huge Impact on the Hog/Swine Industry . :( . Bob