popping noise in floorboard

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by btorear, Apr 1, 2006.

1. btorear

btorear Member

ok new problem. Have a 71 4x4 chevy 3/4 ton. Theres a popping noise I feel in the floor board when turning sharp left. I thought it was the ball joints (and as it turns out one was bad) so I replaced the upper and lower joints on the left side (right side is fine). But the popping noise is still there. It happens mainly when I go over a bump and turn left. its actually more of a bang than a pop, and i can feel it very clearly when it happens. I looked up under the truck this afternoon and it looks like the bushings are worn out on the rear leaf spring king pin. Could this be my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. btorear

btorear Member

Found the problem. leaf spring eye bushing. Thanks for NO help in this forum.

3. kory_kneeland

kory_kneeland Member

Kory A. Kneeland
    '70 C20

You know, I hear a similar sound from my truck. The interesting thing is that I have coil springs on my 2wd with a weird half spring helper. I was wondering if it was from the bed moving/tweaking as I turned and bumped. When you say that you "feel" it, do you mean from the floor boards into your feet?