Pullman Camper for Sale

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by Stephen Shaw, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Stephen Shaw

Stephen Shaw Member

I am selling a late 1950s Pullman Camper from Downey Sheet Metal that currently resides on a '57 3200. I am still trying to figure out if I have a long bed or extra long bed but the camper is 8'-4" front to back and 4'-2" inside the bed and 6'-2" over all width. The outside has surface rust but the two roof runners inside are pretty rusted. Camper has an ice box and stove. Stove gas tank will be included. Is anyone interested in restoring these campers? I hate to just dump it as it is pretty cool, I just don't need it. It does NOT have the roll out roof cover or roll out cabinet I have seen on some. It also does NOT have the fold down beds. Let me know as this will be going to the dump in Oct. '15.

2. Stephen Shaw

Stephen Shaw Member

Well, I guess that tells me something. Maybe this isn't the right place to talk campers. Does anyone know a good site to get feedback on this camper? WP_20150912_013.jpg WP_20150912_013.jpg WP_20150912_013.jpg

cbeeker likes this.
  3. cbeeker

cbeeker Member

I have a Pullman Junior Camper, cab height, and very interested in your used unit for parts or restoration. Is the interior still there? Where is the camper located?
    Charlie

4. Stephen Shaw

Stephen Shaw Member

Charlie I still need to convince the Mrs. that this one is too far gone to keep/ restore. I hope this is something you and I can work on to save the good parts. I am in Long Beach, CA. I am not 100% on what the interiors should be like, but this one seems to have been fabricated by the previous owner. I thought this was a "full camper" with a floor but as I got to removing it from the truck realized it too is only a shell. Since the cabinets were attached to both the bed of the truck and the camper I had to demo them to raise the shell. So the interior is pretty much gone. Upon better inspection, the roof and the steel ribs inside are all rusted out. The windows and door are pretty decent aside from the large glass broken out on the driver side. The front window was removed for a camper boot back in '74 and is in great condition. I plan to show the remains to the Mrs. this weekend and get the OK to part it out. I'll keep you posted. Stephen

5. Stephen Shaw

Stephen Shaw Member

Charlie, what parts do you think will work for you? Where are you located?

6. cbeeker

cbeeker Member

Stephen
    How about using email rather then forum. My email cbeeker@indiana.edu
    I have a Pullman with original cabinets and even canvas shelter. Never a floor in Pullman Campers. I can email images and some info.
    Charlie

7. Stephen Shaw

Stephen Shaw Member

I managed to save the parts that could be reused and cut up the rest. It didn't go down without a fight. Sad to see it go. wish I could have found the right person to restore this beast. WP_20151101_001.jpg

8. cbeeker

cbeeker Member

Still interested in rear door latch unit, ID plate, and window cranks...

Charlie