rear leaf spring removal

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by H1 4U, Aug 28, 2003.

1. H1 4U

H1 4U Member

I am looking at a motorhome on a 10,000lbs gvw chassis. I need to remove the rear leaf springs, but I have not seen a setup like the way they are held. I see a zert, then a cross bolt that goes oppisite the spring mount but yet is still part of the mount, on front of the spring and the rear appears to be somewhat close to the same.

I need to remove them, i need to know what tools to do the job, i cannot use a torch which is a good answer. They appear to be well greased, at least not dry.
    I did find a pic of the exact same setup in an old chiltons I have and the caption is " rear suspension series p-20 and c-p-30" it doesnt give a real good removal instructions. Says something about rebound pin stop retainers, retainer bolts, and rebound pins? what? and remove the eyebolt? i understand what a eyebolt is but these i looked at did not appear to have a head, just a place where a zert was.

I have done a search here in this forum and didnt find anything, I will keep searchin the web.