Regarding noise..

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by enrique, Aug 20, 2007.

1. enrique

enrique Member

Hi,
    I want to quiet the noise inside the cab of my [restored] '55 pickup;specially on the floor. What are you folks using? I've heard of Dynamat - but it's a bit expensive. Any other products that are just as good?But a bit cheaper?
    Thank you,
    Henry

2. Chiro

Chiro Member

You can use roofing ice and water shield. You know the stuff. goes on the roof underneath the shingles by the gutters. Prevents ice damming and water from entering the house during freeze-ups. Peel and stick, pretty thick and it doesn't go ANYWHERE once it's applied. Seen a guy in Connecticut who builds a lot of old trucks use it with great looking results. Get it at your local home supply or lumber yard.

Andy

3. dane st. cyr

dane st. cyr Member

noise

I undercoated the inside and outside and in the doors of my truck and it worked well

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Most important to use CLOSED CELL dampning materiel ! anything that absorbs moisture will cause rust .

You cannot possibly add too much damping , undercoating is good too as is wedging bits of rubber between anything metal that might drum or rattle etc.

ALL rubber seals and grommets should be replaced too .

5. truck_oldschool

truck_oldschool Member

dyna mat expensive but good not only cuts noise but cuts down on heat and cold commin in. or just get louder exhaust and call it a true hot rod truck

6. drabo

drabo Member

http://www.herculiner.com/ Alright I know it is a bed liner, but this stuff really quites down the cab. We used it inside a blazer and it really did quite it down. It is also tuff as nails. Two cans should be able to do the floor of your truck. You don't need to buy the kit it is a waste of money. A regular paint brush and some metal prep like MEK is all you need. It costs about $40.00 a quart.