Researching for a 1965 or 1966 Chevy truck

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by ssexton1, May 4, 2016.

1. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

I am in the process of finding a buyer for my 1954 Hydramatic truck and replacing it with a 1965 or 1966 C10 with automatic transmission, power steering and brakes so I can enjoy driving it.

I don't know anything about purchasing one that has been converted to a 350 with auto transmission or one that came factory installed, 283ci V8 with powerglide transmission.

Any thoughts?

--Sandy

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thoughts ? .

YES : I should be rich so I can buy your Hydromatic equipped 6 cylinder truck #redface# .

Other than that , you need to mention if you're after a long or short bed etc.....

I've seen *very* clean stock AD's with added power steering and vacuum assist brakes , can't you do that ? .

3. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I like that .

Too bad they didn't use the factory Turquoise color , I'm quite fond of that .

For an unrestored rig it looks very good , I assume you know to take it out for a hard thrash , er , TEST DRIVE before parting with $24K ! .

I assume the underdash gauge is for tranny temperature ? .

It desperately needs an exhaust crossover to make it run right and sound better , always odd how few understand this basic thing .

I'd prolly re do the steering wheel in white or maybe an Impala half ring one , also in white plus go with stock wheels and dog dishes but that looks nice and ready to go right out of the box .

Keep us posted .

5. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

Do you have a picture of what the exhaust pipes should look like for a 1966?

6. coilover

coilover Member

Sandy,
    Just google, " h type exhaust", and it will have pictures of the crossover pipe between the right and left exhaust pipes. Any muffler shop can put one in your existing pipes for not many bucks. Even better since yours are already in place they can pick a spot with no clearance problems.