Rory Hala's Chevy rebuild

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by spika, Jun 24, 2011.

1. spika

spika Member

A friend of mine just stopped by to show us a 51? Chevy he restored back to original. Really a beautiful job...thought of you guys when I saw it, 'specially you Chevy lovers and those who are the "purists" for authenticity!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Beautiful truck for sure! Not 100% original, but who cares, right? The doors would suggest that it is pre-51, as there are no vent windows. Pull down door handles and vent windows are unique to the '51.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Nice Truck

I see a lot of very hard work there , I hope he now takes it out & drives the heck out of it like God & Generous Motors intended.... :rolleyes: .

4. rgmj00

rgmj00 Member

That is not original...they never came that pretty from the factory! Good work.

5. spika

spika Member

Ken, ya gotta get up pretty early to pull one over on you! I think you're right...I believe now he said 49...would you go along with that? Rory's actually starting a business here outside of Lewistown doing this sort of thing, restorations and rods. Looks to me like he does a very good job; hope he can make a living at it. I'd certainly refer people to him-

I'll tell him y'all liked it...

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Be SURE

To caution him that the folks who'll pick it apart (it's not restored , it's rebuilt) mean no harm , some folks just don't know when to be quiet .

I like this truck ! .

7. spika

spika Member

Oh, I think most people understand that...picking up on very minor details is in a way a compliment...you know that the one looking at it is pretty darned knowledgeable about the vehicle, and its more an observation than a criticism. Now if it were being judged, I'm sure that each detail that is not correct costs points.

As for this one, I don't really know that much about it, but its owner was having it restored as it, like mine, was one he grew up driving, and his dad, who is still alive, will certainly enjoy seeing it in its youthful glory once more. I believe they have owned the truck for its entire life, so if there is anything that is not original there, they were the ones who changed it out. I suspect they will be pretty pleased with the outcome...

8. PHATSPEED7X

PHATSPEED7X Member

What size tires are on that pickup? Looks awesome!

9. spika

spika Member

I'll find that out and post it in a few days...

10. Zig

Zig Member

That sure is a nice looking truck! Reminds me of the one Russ did. Hopefully it won't spend too much time on a trailer, though...