rpm gauge and wiper switch

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by kc5tf, Feb 19, 2003.

1. kc5tf

kc5tf Member

I found an original tach for my 66 chevy pu.Put it in and it doesn't work.I believe it's wired right.any suggestions.
    am looking for a wiper switch for the 66 chevy anybody got one or know where I can get one.:7

2. David

David Member

I'm not sure on the RPM Tach, but on the wiper switch you might have to go to a wrecking yard to get one.
    David

3. kc5tf

kc5tf Member

4. GreatNorthWoods

GreatNorthWoods Member

Most tachometers require only two wires to operate. One wire should come off the negative side of the coil and another from a 12 volt source with switch on. If it has a light, that should come from the light switch.

5. kc5tf

kc5tf Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THEY STARTED PUTTIG A TACH AS AN OPTION ON THE C-10 60-66 PICKUPS ANY INFO WOULD HELP.I THINK AFTER SITTING UP FOR THE TIME IN A BARN I NEED TO SPRAY AN ELECTRICAL CONTACT SPRAY INSIDE TO HELP ALSO???

6. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-03 AT 05:45 PM (CST)]Well, if she has been sittin a while you will need to look at ALL electrical contact points. The harness connections, fuse panel contacts, bulb sockets and those all important grounds. Anywhere electrical contact is exchanged will need to be cleaned down to bare metal. Clean as best you can using emory cloth, sandpaper, steel-wool, etc. Coat each contact point with a dab of dilectic grease and you should be good to go.

The tachs were installed into larger cab-over trucks during these years, The larger, heavy duty trucks shared the same gauge cluster.
    You will see those with a tach on the right and a vacum guage on the left. On the C10??? Your guess is as good as mine. I would guess at 64 as an option, with an optional clock mounted on the left side.

DValentine