seats with shoulder harness built in

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by raking, Oct 4, 2010.

1. raking

raking Member

anybody know what seats would fit a 65 C10 with built in shoulder harnesses?Can these be purchased ready made to fit the truck without taking up a lot of leg room? I have noticed some in cars but may be too thick. thanks, Bobby

2. bigtimjamestown

bigtimjamestown Member

I don't know if this will help you or not but this is what I did. Just some box tubing and flat bar welded together and bolted down to the floor board with 67-72 seat belts..Big Tim :cool: 001.jpg

3. gulffishin

gulffishin Member

Pretty much any seats from a fullsize truck/SUV will fit in the cab, but if you need legroom; you should avoid the seats with the built in seatbelts-especially if you still have the fuel tank in the cab.

I have a set of seats out of a 2003 Sierra with the integrated seatbelts in my truck (fuel tank removed). The legroom is OK now, but when I still had my tank in the cab it was pretty tight (I'm right at 6' and about 185lbs).

I am probably going to swap my seats for a split bench in the future and install 3pt seatbelts using the Juliano's kit- if I can find a bench seat in good shape.

4. Twisters 4x4

Twisters 4x4 Member

Seats

Check out the pictures of my 65 on here to see what 2004 GMC seats
    look like.I do have the tank out but they fit nicely before.I am 5'9" 215 lb

Attached Files:

5. raking

raking Member

those look really nice. I have relocated the tank underneath the bed so I have extra room. I am 6'. what is a good price for a set like that and is the console out of the same truck?
    thanks for the pix.

6. Twisters 4x4

Twisters 4x4 Member

I payed 500.00 for mine (leather) and the console did come with it.
    Both out of the same truck.as you can see the console had to be modified at the top edge then slid in about another 2 inches.Will need to do a little wood and or carpet work in that area.
    Mine came out of a GMC Tahoe type vehicle so I also have controls for the heated seats on the rear of the console.These were originally for the rear seats.Not real handy but i got'em.

7. LEYLAND

LEYLAND Member

I like the look of those seats, leg room looks pretty good also. Maybe a future upgrade from my 92 bench seat:D

8. gulffishin

gulffishin Member

I have a set if you're interested...

I just replaced the 2003 seats in my 64 with a bench. If you are interested them send me a PM.

9. 65rehab

65rehab Member

I just put in a 40-20-40 seat from a 1999 chevy with the intergrated seat belts. The middle seat took a little work to get centered and mounted. The intergrated seat belts began in 1999. I am 6' 2" with the gas tank still in the cab and I have plenty of leg room without the tilt steering wheel.

10. Twisters 4x4

Twisters 4x4 Member

Wiring diagram

Anyone have a wiring diagram for these seats so i can get the heated part of the seats working without burning up the new wiring?:D
    How about a pigtail cut off the other side of the seat harness????
    Anyone have one?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  11. Twisters 4x4

Twisters 4x4 Member

Arm Rest

OK, Time to put the arm rest back on the door panels.
    The panels I am useing came off a truck that did not originaly have arm rests.The question I have is how convenant will the arm rest be when mounted in the original location with this type Seat?
    I am thinking the wings on the seats may make it inconvenant to use for shutting the door or even resting your arm on.
    Anyone have some thoughts?
    Not meaning to jump someones tread.Just trying to keep all the information in one spot.

Attached Files:

12. kieth

kieth Member

I do not have the OE stuff but I do a lot of work with motorcycle heated gear and have info on controllers for them if you are interested. The amp draw gets pretty high if you do not have a controller that holds the load steady. Normal rating for the circuit would be 15 amps.........Kieth

13. Twisters 4x4

Twisters 4x4 Member

Thanks Keith,
    I thought the controler was built into the switch if it is not I will most definently get back with you.Because these seats came out of a suburban type auto I am hopeing the switches for the back seats that are built into the rear of the console can work for me.
    Mike T