Seek And Ye Shall Find :

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by vwnate1, Jun 24, 2013.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I was out in my favorite local Self Service Junkyard last week chasing a '58 Metropolitan Nash FHC when I decided to look all the way in the back of the yard and found this gem :
    69.C.10 001.jpg
    As you can see the cab was in pretty good shape with minimal rust on the toe bard edges .
    69.C.10 002.jpg
    It's a 1969 Chevrolet C/30 flat bed with 250 CID and manual Muncie SM465 tranny , you can see the hard to find power brake booster and brackets , both of them , still left on this rig . the engine was nice and clean inside indicating regular oil changes ~ this is the sort of thing I look for when buying used engines at scrap value .
    69.C.10 003.jpg
    Pretty well picked over by the time I found it , I did grab both driver's side door hinges and a lot of " Just So " original hardware .

The previous scavengers were boobs and dropped the tranny on the hard to find original air cleaner , I bought it anyway and hopefully will be able to assemble one nice one out of my growing collection of these remote air cleaners .

It was bugger-all HOT so in spite of my shady sun hat , I passed out in the hearse as soon as we left the yard with parts'Oplenty in the back .

I thought I took another photo of the raised mounts factory stamped into the cab's roof ~ the lenses were all ruined but it'd be nice to use this cab on my '60 C/10 .

I am actively looking for a rust free '67 ~ '72 cab now (HINT) .

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

More !

I happened across and old GTE G-1500 van and grabbed all this :

Attached Files:

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I have no idea how I managed to put text between the other photos .

I got the Uber long oil and auto tranny dip sticks and tubes plus the factory HEI ignition system complete , all for about $35 .

SWEET ! .

I already have the tubes de rusted and re painted in chassis black , the deal is this : my back is crunchy and never going to improve so now I'll be able to check the fluid levels without bending under the hood atall ~they'll be right next to the radiator .

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Inside Pix

This is the inside after removing the sump .

It has about 1/8" of gooey dead black oil residue on everything .

Want more inside pix ? .

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Body Parts

I went to an outlying Self - Service Junkyard to - day and purchased this very nice never dented radiator core support for my '69 .

It came off pretty easily apart from the two big support bolts & nuts , those fought me every inch of the way , of course I didn't bring much in the way of tools to - day and no penetrant atall :mad: .

These two pix show the normally rusted away lower part below the battery box under neath and from the top side of the usually ruined area , this one is choice ! I need to run a tap through the threads before cleaning it up and having it properly re painted in gloss black , then I'll install it along with the rust free right side inner fender I bought a while ago .

Attached Files: