single side windows

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by alindquist, Nov 13, 2010.

1. alindquist

alindquist Member

I'm completing the chop of my '52 and i want to go with the single side windows as cutting down the vents is going to be too big a pain(i gotta have a/c anyway i'm in houston)...

I was wondering if parts from a '49/'50 (regulators) are a direct fit for the '52, specifically are the regulators a direct bolt on or are modifications required to mount them?

Also can anyone advise me about the what is the best way to do the window channels/sash, I've seen some kits but they are look pretty generic...

Any help or insight you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rick S

Rick S Member

I chopped the top of my '52 and also converted the doors to 1 piece glass with power windows. I would suggest you get an early set of non-wing window doors with the matching strikers from the cab and go from there. It's much easier then going through all the work involved in converting them.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  3. coilover

coilover Member

You might want to check out Hagan, they offer vent window eliminator kits for many different doors. The kit needs to be installed before painting. www.haganstreetrods.com

4. alindquist

alindquist Member

Thanks guys... thinking I might go with the power option...Has anyone heard of Nu-Relics? they seem to have a kit available that looks to be pretty complete... http://nu-relics.com/ct47_50_2.html