Sound Proofing

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by ryanova, Jul 22, 2005.

1. ryanova

ryanova Member

I will take any tips and/or tricks on how to soundproof the cab of my 1987 reg cab silverado from enging and road noise. I would like to sound like a brand new chevy inside which is not much sound. Anything is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Old77

Old77 Member

I have a 77 C-10 that I am doing the same thing to and there are a couple different products you can use. I am using a product called Lizardskin. You can roll it on or brush it on but it basically goes on and will end up wiht the thickness of a credit card along the entire inside of your cab. It works great and reduces noise as well as heat! I got it at www.lizardskin.com.....there is also a product called Dynamat. This works well also. The main downside is that it's not as easy to use as lizardskin when it comes to getting it in the corners and that kinda thing. It also tends to be more expensive but those are the two main products used when wanting to sound proof your cab. I heard about the lizardskin on that tv show Trucks! cuz Stacey David used it on one of his trucks that he did. Anyway, that is my two cents.

3. 58 chevy

58 chevy Guest

Chevy Duty also offers a product called Acousta Shield, it comes with enough to cover the whole inside of your cab, floor, firewall, the back of the cab, headliner... the whole nine yards, it's really not that hard to put in, i've tried it here in the warehouse on a 52 Chevy truck.

Jesse Hazell Chevy Duty Tech.