Spare tire carrier

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ronaldg, Oct 1, 2011.

1. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Iam looking for the part thats at the bottom of this pic I am also looking for the nut that acomidates the lock on the end of the j-bolt please let me know if any body has or knows where to get them Thankshttps://talk.classicparts.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8725&stc=1&d=1317531472

Attached Files:

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Ron, our host sells a J-hook with nut (item 65-855). However, the nut does not appear to have the groove in it to accept the original style lock that was available for those setups.

As far as the piece shown at the bottom of the picture, I've never seen these available by any vendor. Chevsofthe40's sells a repop carrier that has it as part of the total package, but I've never seen one of theirs so I won't comment on that. They want $300 for it, so it's spendy to say the least.

As Charles said in an earlier post, and I agree, Joe at Deadzonetruckin would be the guy I'd get in touch with. He probably has a few laying around. My bet is that he has a few locks still in boxes too looking for a home.

Ken

3. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

thanks charles and ken i will keep looking