Speedometer swap compatible

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by KSever, Jan 4, 2004.

1. KSever

KSever Member

Have been looking at a speedometer gauge cluster out of a 65 C-10. But was wondering if I could swap the back end of the 65 gauge cluster into my 63 C-10 front bezel. From pictures it looks like it might work but I don't want to buy it and be stuck with something that won't fit. Anybody have any experience with this?

2. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

I do not think that the 64-66 chevy guage clusters have any compatiblilty with the 60-63s. Although they look close, I think the shape is similar but the earlier model is actually bigger and has a higher-arched shape. They are probably the same length but the 64-66 isn't as tall because of this. I have the original one from my '65 still (minus the front bezel) and would be more than happy to give it to you if you wanted it.

3. KSever

KSever Member

Thanks for the Great offer but I will have to pass. I just picked up a 63 rebuilt speedometer with new odometer. I picked up this 63 truck and found in the process of signing the deal that it had no odometer on it and with this odometer gone it throws the speedometer way off for some reason.
    Thanks Again for the offer

4. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

Hey, no problem, I hope all goes well!