Split exhaust manifold.

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by PHATSPEED7X, Jun 16, 2011.

1. PHATSPEED7X

PHATSPEED7X Member

A buddy of mine had this in his garage, and gave it to me.

[​IMG]

It's a split exhaust manifold with intake for my 216ci I6. It will be a bolt in swap of my stock intake, and non split manifold. I'm just wondering what mufflers I should run. Right now I just have a glasspack on the single exhaust, and it sounds kinda loud. I'm wondering if I added that second pipe with the same glasspack it will be twice as loud. I'm thinking of getting some thrush welded (flowmaster knock off) for the truck. Would this sound good?

2. mikebte

mikebte Member

I have a thrush welded on my truck. Quieter then I figured It would be but sounds good. That is for sure a welded up manifold but many people still run them with duels. Not sure about both into one. But should sound good.

3. PHATSPEED7X

PHATSPEED7X Member

The manifold had been cut, and had a block off plate welded inside so it's a true split manifold. I plan on running duals out the back with two pipes, and haven't decided on mufflers yet. Can't wait to get this setup on the truck.

4. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    I've got headers on my 235 with dual exhausts with 32" generic glass packs. It sounds deep and manly, but you can still carry on a conversation inside at 50MPH. That's what I wanted...sounds more like a 350 then a 235.

Flashlight

5. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

glass packs

I have two 12 inch glass packs on mine not loud in cab at all