SST need advice

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by GFROMFRANCE, Jan 7, 2015.

1. GFROMFRANCE

GFROMFRANCE Member

Hi everybody,
    and happy new year for everyone !
    the new owner of keisler transmission raises me since few months for order a transmission !
    Are they honest or not ? Please let me know .

Gerard

2. jinaeve

jinaeve Member

Gerard,
    I don't believe there is a "new owner", I understood that Silver Sport Transmissions purchased some of Keislers assets but not that they're operating as Keisler Engineering.

I have a Keisler SS700 installed and frankly, I'm upset at the recommendation I received (and accepted) to go with Keisler because my build didn't complete until about 1-1/2 years after Keisler shut down leaving me to fend for myself for my drive shaft and speedo gearing.

Now that said, I have to give credit where credit is due. I reached out to Silver Sport Transmissions (shiftsst.com) regarding my speedo gearing and Jack Silver and his team (some came from Keisler) have been extremely supportive and helpful. Jack personally got involved as well to make sure my experience was good.

From what I can tell, Silver Sport Transmissions sells Tremec, hard to go wrong there (was my first choice) but from my experience with just a few minor things, I'd have to say Silver Sport Transmissions was a 2-thumbs up shop!

Forget Keisler - they're history and from what I've heard, it was self imposed.

Regards,