Steering Box

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by WORKHARD, Jan 21, 2007.

1. WORKHARD

WORKHARD Member

I Have A 47 Chev 3100 What Year Power Steering Box Should I Use

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Who needs power steering?

Here's my suggestion to you on power steering. Who needs it? I have disciplined myself for years building up my arm strength so that power steering is not necessary for me. I started out with 12 oz curls in college, graduated to 16 oz curls when i get a real job in '77. I found that Miller made the best curling equipment and i swear, sometimes in my college days, my arms were strong enough to spin the steering wheel of a 2 ton AD without spilling the equipment!

All joking aside, your question is very difficult to answer without further information. What kind of front end do you plan to use? Are you going with the original setup or you use going to drop an S-10 or Mustang II clip in the front? What kind of engine do you have or plan to have? Will it have enough guts to spin to pumps needed for PS, and AC, if you plan to install that, etc. There are guys on this forum that can readily answer that, so let us know what you're thinking about doing and i'll bet you'll get some pretty good answers.

Oh, and BTW, work up to the 16 oz curls. I blew an elbow out in '84 doing that, so be careful!

3. Zig

Zig Member

Bb

Big brother... I just don't know about you...

I keep telling you, if you want guns like I have, start doing BOX curls. Franzia has the best weight equipment I've ever found! You can poke a 4 foot pipe through two of them and use them for your bench press. ('Course I stick 4 boxes on EACH side... not to brag... and after i've worked up a powerful thirst, i just "tap" it!) But that's okay... you stick with your "aluminum" set. It takes a real man to take on the Frans!

By the way, COLTS STUN-da- BEARS!!! You can't "Love" THIS game!;)