Sun Visor what are they worth

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 51papy, Sep 7, 2006.

1. 51papy

51papy Member

I was at a local bone yard this week and the owner says that he has "several" orginal Sun Visors that are still in the box. He also said that the trim was stainless and the mounting brackets were there. Can anyone tell me what these are worth or what I would expect to pay for one of these jems. I havn't got a price from him aand I have not seen them.

51 Papy
    Mike

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Chevy Duty, sorry Classic Parts, sells repo brackets for $14.95 and repo covered visors for $21.95. NOS should be worth at least what repo's sell for (if not more).

3. dngaspersich

dngaspersich Member

If your talking an outside sun visor, the reproduction sells for roughly 500 bucks. I picked up a guys failed project for parts which came equipped, albeit improperly installed, adjustable fulton visor. He advised me that he paid $250 for the visor approximately 10 yrs ago. I haven't done any research on what they are actually worth now. I paid $250 for it and it came with the rest of the truck 1 year ago:) . It sure looks good on my '51 3800. Dave

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Exterior Sun Shades (Visors)

Slight correction , repop Fulton typ sun visors _list_ price is $150.00 last time I checked, they're nice but extremely thin sheet metal and will need some fiddling to make fit correctly , I think every AD out there needs one of these .

Plenty of good used Fultons at every auto swap meet for $250.00 or less , often I see N.O.S. Fultons for $250.00 too .

then there's the jerkoff crowd who hopes to hook you the weekend you buy your truck and have not yet compared prices and so willpay over this for one.

Caveat Emptor ! .

Lastly , that funky looking green paint on the underside of your original Fulton visor should _NOT_ be painted over , it's a special paint that stops glare , a real problem with these things in sunny climes .

Like Dave said , they're worth every penny regardless of what you actually pay for yours .

5. 51papy

51papy Member

Thanks guys. I guess I'll look this guy up and see what he wants for it. I was talking about the Fulton Exterior sun shade. I think they look cool even though you can't see the stop light if you pull up to far. Not a problem in the country!

51 Papy
    Mike