switches to just run the motor temp

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by tri5283, Mar 30, 2005.

1. tri5283

tri5283 Member

I just rebuilt my 283 and wanna crank it occosionally to keep it loose. Its in tha frame on blocks ,hooked up to the tranny & rear end. How can I make a switch to do this ? Gonna take a while on " the other things" before it goes on the road. The old wires are pretty shot, but will work today haha. I plan on a new wiring kit later ,after, other priorty cost. Anyone got an "ideal" ? :)

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

RE: switches to just run the motor

Easy. Get an oil pump primer and pump oil through the oil galleries every two or three weeks. Pull the plugs out and turn over the crank by hand with a breaker bar on the crank pully every two or three weeks.

To prevent condensation inside, stuff paper towels in every opening on the motor. Exhaust, etc. Cover the carb with a CLEAN shop rag and place the air cleaner on top.

DV

3. towman1970

towman1970 Member

RE: switches to just run the motor

you can get a switch that hooks to the starter mechanics use to bump the motor you can find it at local parts store just ask for a push button switch for the atarter they should know what ur talking about. good luck

thers no man like the towman