Tachometer circuit boards

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by kg4mon, Feb 1, 2012.

1. kg4mon

kg4mon Member

Anybody know a source for these. I have a truck with factory tach and the circuit board on the back is bad. I'm not talking about the printed circuit on the back of the cluster but the tach itself. I find all kinds for the corvette but not the gm trucks. tachman.com has them but doesn't sell parts, just does the repair.

Thanks Rick

2. Roadhazardguy

Roadhazardguy Member

I was going to suggest tachman.com to just have it rebuild, but I don't know about the circuit board on the back. Im going to need to fix the one in my 78 also as it reads nothing close to being right. I bet its just a bad resistor or something simple like that that could be replaced with a potentiometer for fine adjustment.

3. TruckPoor

TruckPoor Member

Our host carries the circuit boards.

4. Roadhazardguy

Roadhazardguy Member

5. kg4mon

kg4mon Member

Here's is what I found.. Our host doesn't carry the circuit board on the back of the tach itself. They do carry the printed circuit board on the back of the cluster. Different item. I found wilcoxcorvette.com they build the tach boards in house and they have them for the chevy truck 73-87. They cost 58.00 dollars and are pre-calibrated. Here's the link. http://willcoxcorvette.com/product_info.php?cPath=1810&products_id=26788

When you order you have to put in the comment box to note that your ordering for a chevy truck.

6. Roadhazardguy

Roadhazardguy Member

Sweet! That's not bad at all compared to the other company's that repair them. I need to order one before too long. Where did you find the other info about the pickup version they sell and ordering options?

7. Roadhazardguy

Roadhazardguy Member