Temporary Cover for 54 Chevy

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by BigDog9721, Dec 23, 2021.

1. BigDog9721

BigDog9721 Member

Guys, I have purchased a 54 Chevy truck that is sitting outside and will have inside 1Q22. What's the best way to have it covered between now and then? Thanks in advance...

vwnate1 likes this.
  2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Dang, not one reply ? .

I don't know what they call them but I see metal topped covers used out side of the cities here on the West Coast, I used to see them whenever I drove across America, they're sturdy and long lasting, you really should dedicate space and pour a slab of Concrete as moisture cmes right up from the ground and kills vehicles left sitting faster than you'd think .

If the slab is large enough it also doubles as a handy and SAFE working area .

3. BigDog9721

BigDog9721 Member

Well.. vwnate1, I totally agree with you on coverage for truck... I'm building a 2 car garage with lifts that will be ready in February... then I can have it covered and take my time regardless of the weather... but in the interim, I was able to find an old corvette cover that will make do for the time being... see below.
    Cover.jpg

vwnate1 likes this.
  4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Looks good Gary ! .

Don't forget to begin a thread all about your truck, we like to read and see them as they go along, not just when finished .

5. BigDog9721

BigDog9721 Member

definitely will do!

vwnate1 likes this.
  6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Pretty much any thing you can dream of asking about, someone here will know the answer .

Makes no difference if a show stopping Hot Rod, a Low Rider, fully restored classic or some old rusty & beat up trash collection truck, someone here will know .

I used to own a decent 1949 3100 survivor, pictured in my avatar, it was mostly stock and I drove it every and anywhere , it was my daily driver shop truck .