The waves and smiles never get old

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by markcp, Sep 29, 2013.

1. markcp

markcp Member

Since I got my great uncles 49 back on the road, it has been pretty much a daily driver and a Sunday cruiser. Today I really noticed just how many heads snap around or people stop what they are doing to take a look as I drive by. It sure is a great feeling. I'm sure others here have the exact same experiences.

[​IMG]

2. SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Member

thats a good lookin truck.

3. Zig

Zig Member

Yeah~ I can't wait to be rolling down the road like back in my youth. People recognize "style", and these trucks have it, IMO.
    Keep on truckin! ;)

4. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

We have a fast food/ice cream place here in Texas, and I presume elsewhere. In a lot of their stores there's a picture on the wall of an AD painted white, with the "DQ" logo and a bunch of spots on it. It's carrying a band for a weekend 'concert' in the parking lot. Really nostalgic picture. I'll be taking My Grandkids to our local Dairy Queen for Ice Cream in my truck:D Hopefully pretty soon as well.

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Old Trucks

Mark ;

You've worked hard and now get to enjoy the reward .

I bet that just like my old truck , folks always ask if it's for sale .

Be *very* careful about saying " yeah , sure ~ for $15,000.00 " as every so often some damnfool will pull out a wad and expect you to actually sell it .

:) .

6. Wolf

Wolf Member

This is great. It sure never gets old. I love that my son will wave and smile back. Great looking truck by the way

Nate you say that about offers. I have gotten 3 since moving and now the truck sits outside.

I tell them all yeah I will sell it for $16,000. But it would be best for you to look elsewhere because that's not a good deal;)

7. Root2812

Root2812 Member

We have that same picture on the wall at the Dairy Queen here. I always have to go look at it.