These old trucks rule.

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, May 7, 2017.

1. Zig

Zig Member

So I was upstairs on the phone yesterday (yes, a chair would have been more comfortable...) when I heard a couple of car doors shut. I looked down from my lofty perch to see a husband/wife (?) get out of their car and go over to my truck. The guy turns, standing next to my truck while she snaps his picture.
    Could be because it's a manly GMC? #cool##biggrin#
    Anyway, it's nice to see the appreciation. I'm sure if I left it on the street overnight, someone would repaint my CHIEFS arrowhead, however.
    Hopefully you are enjoying the heck out of your truck, as well!

2. jackson

jackson Member

Hey Zig , I can relate . Although I don't have my truck done yet , I have a '64 Pontiac Grand Prix that I drive often and many times have come out of a store to find either somebody taking pictures of it ,or posing next to it while having their picture taken.

3. coilover

coilover Member

And if you had a bed to hold a tip jar you might even get some photo appreciation donations.

ccharr and Zig like this.
  4. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I take my daily driver 52 GMC to the local Saturday night shine and show once or twice a month. A lot of the cars and trucks have "don't touch" signs on them and given the amount of $$$$$ the owners have in paint jobs and custom interiors I understand why. When a family with young kids show an interest in my truck I ask if they have a camera with a phone and then herd the kids into the truck for a picture with one of the kids "driving" or line them up across the flat bed. They always have big smiles.

Maybe Evan's "tip jar" idea could turn this into a profit center.

ccharr and Zig like this.
  5. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Or maybe the person being photographed with Zig's truck explained to the picture-taker that this truck was from an era when guys were so tough, they didn't even need sleep- hence the "no bed".

Zig likes this.
  6. Zig

Zig Member

It <IS> a GMC, after all~ It's so manly, it doesn't even need a bed on it to look picture worthy.#biggrin#

7. Zig

Zig Member

Good danged idea, Evan!!!
    If it works, I'll let you sleep in it the next time you're up this way! (It's an 8' bed, so you'll fit nicely.) #wink#