To all of the vets out there!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Thank you!

Ken

2. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Thank You X2!

Go one better, call your Veteran friends (or relatives), and thank them PERSONALLY. I've been doing for it years, it makes the day and the message that much more personal. Any veterans on board here, Thank You ALL.

3. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

My Grandfather wes in WW2, stationed in Gusap airbase in New Guinea. I found a site that has old govt. footage of Gusap, and I can see him in one shot. I thought it was pretty cool. I miss him greatly.

4. put-put

put-put Member

And a big THANKS to those currently serving too!

5. coilover

coilover Member

My wife, bless her, expresses her gratitude everytime we are in a restaurant and she sees people in military uniform. She tells the server to bring her their tab and not tell them who paid for their meal so they can think everyone there appreciates them. When we were in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida selling my sisters house there were three bases; Eglin AFB, Hurlburt (?sp), and a third one I can't recall so there were military personel at every eatery. I told her, not too seriously, that we either had to start eating in or get out of town while the house sale still showed a profit.

6. Zig

Zig Member

Great story, Evan!

I had a fantastic day yesterday~ My dad (90 years old) went with me to be a part of my daughter's school Veterans Day celebration. It was absolutely *fantastic*! My dad was the only WWII vet there, but he loved it! That was the first time he was ever honored publicly. He still fit his dress jacket, as well! :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  7. put-put

put-put Member

Coilover, thanks for uplifting our troops and especially those in the area I live in. the 3rd base is Duke field, mostly reserve. But we not have the Army here too for rapid deployment. Many of the young servicepeople here do 6 months of rotation in an 18 month period! Thanks again for honoring them.

Put Put

8. Zig

Zig Member

Had to add some pictures to my earlier post. The middle picture has my dad addressing the crowd, my daughter on the left of him, and the one who has to put up with us all right behind the two of them. This was such a great day for me.
    Evan, you were in my old stomping grounds! Thanks for all and everything!

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Armistice Day

We shall never forget .

Thank you and Keith , I'm so glad we talked before you went home to Joan , I'll miss you the rest of my life .