Turn signals quit working

Discussion in 'Electrical Shop' started by wolfeman, Sep 9, 2008.

1. wolfeman

wolfeman Member

Hello,

I have a 1955 1st Series pickup with a steering column from something else (80's chevy van is my best guess?).

I had everything all wired up, turn signals, brake lights, parking lights, headlights, everything worked just fine, for about the past year or so. The other day I was driving and flipped on the turn signal, and....nothing. Turn signals no longer work.

Brake lights, head lights, parking lights, etc. still work, just not the turn signals.

To top it off, when I press on the brakes, both of the front turn signals come on (but don't flash).

Any ideas? I've checked all the wires, all the connections look good, etc. I replaced the flasher tonight and that didn't help.

I know these things can be a beast to track down, but any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

2. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

my guess is somethings shorting, pull apart the turn signal assembly and look at the connections inside, also is that a tilt column? i have seen several harness go bad were the column tilts, causing the wires to short to each other in the "just right position" if its tilt, move it up and down and see if you see any difference.