Upgrade!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Nick, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the new and improved Classic Parts Talk!

After more than 9 years on the old system, we decided it's time to modernize the site a bit. This marks the third generation of our forums!

All of your posts, photos, profiles, and private messages are still here, and you should be able to log in with the same username and password that you always have. Feel free to look around the site a bit, and make some posts if you like. If you normally use the option to keep yourself logged in all the time, you'll need to log back in just once in order for that to be applied again.

If you have any questions, or something doesn't seem to be working right, please let us know! Either send me (Nick) a message here, send am email to forum@classicparts.com, or visit our Contact Us page: Contact Classic Parts of America | Chevy Truck Parts

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy the new look and features!

2. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Hi Nick,
    I'm starting to embrace and like the your new layout. It would be helpful when clicking "New Posts" to also have the forum category listed as I'm mostly interested in in 47-54 trucks and parts for sale and not so much the later years. Larry

3. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your feedback. On the New Posts page, the forum that each post came from is shown just below the title of the post, to the right of the poster's username and the date/time.

4. dorcutt

dorcutt Member

Do I have to log out after I log in and if so how and where do I do that? Thanks, Dave

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

No you do not need to log out. I seldom ever log out. If somebody else has access to you computer and you are worried they will post something you don;t want posted, then log out. Otherwise, let it ride.
    _______
    John ;)

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thanx Nick ! #smile# .

I know you only ever hear from me when I'm complaining , this new setup is finally working more or less o.K. and is decent to navigate .

One thing I think is important it the loss of the subject header box over each post ~ it allowed topic drift announcements , a good thing as threads often meander here and there .