Wanted: 55chevy 2nd series SWB

Discussion in 'Trucks for Sale' started by SLEDGE, Jan 21, 2003.

1. SLEDGE

SLEDGE Member

I am looking for 55chevy swb 2nd series to restore.
    minimal rust,don't have to have drive-train if it's not there.
    Live in tenn.If you can't deliver,I can pick up if distance is resonable!
    THANKS
    RICK

2. jims55

jims55 Member

Rick, are you still looking for a 55? I just signed up for this forum and say your add. I have a 55 I've been working on for about a year and a half. Recently the son of a friend of mine decided to sell a 55 Chevy Belair and I'm thinking seriously about making him an offer. The problem is too many projects sitting around here. A friend has a 66 Mustang here, I have a 46 Chevy Pu (don't need a 46 do you?) and if I bring the 55 car here thats too much.
    The truck is completely disassembled. I'm about 75% done with the frame. Hung an 80 Firebird posi rear end with 3.08 gears(still need calipers and rotors for the rear). The front will have Mustang II suspension. Crossmember is tacked into place, needs to be welded firm(my little mig is not hot enough to do the work). I have rebuilt the entire Mustang front end, just needs to be installed when the welding is complete. The cab is about 45-50% done, new windshield and rubber, I have stainless steel floorboards cut out but not welded in. Needs one cab corner. Bed is is good condition, front sheet metal needs a little work. I have removed the bumper bolts from both bumpers and welded the braces to the back so they will be smooth when painted or chromed. Really don't know what to ask as I have a ton of hours so far(even though it doesn't show). Also have a 305(84model)with a 700r4 trans that I was going to rebuild and install, if you are interested in this we could talk. I have a digital camera so if you are interested could send some pictures. Thanks, Jim Carlan

3. SLEDGE

SLEDGE Member

Hey Jim,

Sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago.

Maybe you didn't get it.

If you didn't here is my e-mail address

rdawson8@charter.net