what kind of sandblaster should I b

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 52chevyga, Mar 21, 2006.

1. 52chevyga

52chevyga Member

I'm in the process of taking my fenders, hood, bed, etc off of my truck.. getting it all ready to be sandblasted.. I'm doing the blasting myself and need to find a good sandblaster. I don't want to spend more than $200 for one.. what are yalls recommendations? Thanks!

2. Teacher54

Teacher54 Member

RE: what kind of sandblaster should

Check out http://www.clgw.net/~tonyp/index.html and you will se I had just as good luck with a $14.95 siphon blaster from Wal-Mart.Just get a bucket of sand,,,I do recommend putting a tarp down to catch the sand,,sweep it up and reuse it.

3. 51papy

51papy Member

RE: what kind of sandblaster should

be carefull as to what you use for "sand". I started out with sand and then went to coal slag. If you work inside the sand will be very dusty and will put free silic into the air. That's what causes silicoius of the lungs. I came out of the shop covered with dust with the coal slag called black beauty here in the midwest it's really clean and can be recovered and reused several times. there are several other medias that you can use glass beads, plastic beads ect. Your wallet and you can pick.
    51 papy
    mike