What muffler should i use?

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by GMC Guy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. GMC Guy

GMC Guy Member

i'm going back and forth between the flowmaster super 40 and the magnaflow...i'm leaning toward the flowmaster, but i'm interested in your opinion.

2. badblu97

badblu97 Member

uh...I run Mellotones on my square body and my 07 silvy....IDK but for the money they sure do sound good and perform well. just my $.02

3. texascowboy

texascowboy Member

Go with flowmaster!! I have a 65 chevy p/u with magnaflows on it and they SUCK!!!!! The guy told me that after they are ran a little it will have the same
    deep tone as a flowmaster....wrong! Granted magnaflows are not as pricey as flows but they are a lot quieter and you do get a good tone going down the highway. just my 2*

4. Melman

Melman Member

Flowmaster 40

I like the sound of the 40 flows. I had a set put on my Silverado a couple months back. They sound goood to me. I don't have any interior or insulation in yet. Once all is put back in I know it will sound even better.You have to make the choice!
    Melman

5. gitrunindady

gitrunindady Member

present day truck AND previous 5.....ALL flowmaster 40 series.... i love it, the wife hates it:D, sucks bein her..he he he
    g.t.

6. GMC Guy

GMC Guy Member

thanks for the imput guys. i think i'm going with the super 40, it's only $100 on jegs and i think it'll make a huge improvement :D

7. petercarmon

petercarmon Member

yes, from what i have heard flowmaster mufflers are indeed great. i have yet to hear solid feedback on magnaflow but i guess it's next on my list.