what original, whats not?

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by 65_C10, Mar 2, 2002.

1. 65_C10

65_C10 Member

okay, heres the deal. I just bought a 1965 Chevy c-10(basically a pos right now) No bed, a rusted out floorpan broken speedocable, no radio a window that only goes half way down and tons of holes and dents! Thats no all i looked under the dash and there had to be at least 60 wire nuts and connectors. Thats got to go. Where do i get a painless wiring harness. Or whee do i get one for under $400 which ever comes first. Then i have a floor shift 3 speed auto. How do i take it back to column shift so i can put in the new floor pan until i get a new b&m floorshift kit (all it is no is a bar out the floor) Then i have a on of swithces on the dash light and winshield anre stock location horn is a nother button located next to the starter button ( which i woul like to replace wiht a key) and the lights high/low is a tooggle switch mounted on the dash. Isnt there suppossed to be a dimmer in the floor? OK so now you know all the bad stuuf now you get to hear the good part the one reason i bought it...a freshly rebuilt and bored .30 over performance 350. One problem the throttle return spring oon top is held to the edelbrock intake with tiestraps. and i cant find anywhere to anchor the spring permanantly so where can i put it. Ok all you Old guys inhere can answer my question and when you get done ill put up another post lol. Thanks to anyone who just reads theis long @$$ post.

James

ps anyone know where i can gert a key switch to replace the button started i just broke (or melted)}>

2. David

David Member

Welcome to Chevyduty!!

I've found some "harder to find" parts at the local wrecking yard. Also there's swapmeets. If you could send me some pics, or post a link. I could help you out alot more.
    Some of what you discribed, is what I had to redo on my truck. I've bought a bunch of items from our host, and i'm very happy with the products that I have purchased for my truck. :)

David

3. Arizona64

Arizona64 Member

Sounds like mine when I started restoring it. Chevy Duty has tons of parts. There are others....check out my website at www.geocities.com/chevyportal to see what I mean.

Regards,
    Arizona64:D