Whitewall cleaner!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Who makes the best? It's been 30 years plus since I've had whitewall tires. I know dad and I used to use Westley's all of the time, but then again, that was way long ago. I also remember using Brillo pads and elbow grease. For you youngsters, a "Brillo" pad is a piece of foamed steel wool impregnated with soap;)!

Any thoughts, recommendations, products you've tried and weren't happy with?

Thanks for the input.

Ken

2. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

I still use westley's all the time. Dont let it stay on too long before you wash it off & try not to let it blow back towards you. I think it will do the same thing for inside the lungs. I like the Armor All for the tire shine. A stiff whitewall brush will do the trick. It saves the hands a lot more than brillow pads. Meguires detailer is quick and easy between polish jobs.

3. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Westley's is still the shxxt, only it supposedly dries out the tire after a while. There is a new whitewall wipes out, but I haven't found any yet.

4. Zig

Zig Member

Dirty shoes?

I remember Nate had some advice on this on an earlier thread.

What are you saying, Big Brother? You got your trucks shoes muddy???:eek:
    If it's just sitting in your garage, you could just pop the dust of with a rag.:D

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

White Wall Cleaning

Yep ;

The main thing is to use something STRONG ~ if you use any sort of rubber / upholstery / tire cleaner , you'll leech the lamp black right into the white and they'll be yellow forevermore .

I use Ajax cleanser with bleach in it , works like a charm . I have a dedicatedsponge for the job as I don't want that sponge to touch my paint :eek:

I've curbed my WWW's , run them through 12" of gooey greasy mud in the abandoned desert junkyards I love so much and still my Diamondback Classis look pretty darn good ! :)

6. Wolf

Wolf Member

7. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Found some whitewall wipes at Auto Fair...they seem to work fairly well so far.

8. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

What brand are they?