windshield glass size

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Bill Hanlon, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Because my current '52 GMC windshield glass has NO identifying marks, I'm guessing that it is not original and therefore may not be proper size. Before I replace the gasket I'd like to be sure it is proper size. Does ANYONE out there have an ORIGINAL windshield glass that they can measure for me. I'd need height, width and two corner-to-corner measurements. Thickness wouldn't hurt either.

2. coilover

coilover Member

Bill,
    How about if I got one in my parts stash with the LOF bug still in the corner I just send it to you? If not, do a search for a replacement glass pattern. Many suppliers (maybe our host) used to offer them.

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

That would be great Evan. Let me know if you have one and I'll pay the freight and kick in for a beer or two for the shop guy that does the packing.

4. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I had a friend send a tracing of an original '51 windshield that had a LOF etching on it. Thanks for the offer Evan.

5. coilover

coilover Member

Good, you can compare it with the tracing I sent you. You can lay your existing glass on the tracings and see if the profile is correct.

6. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I'll be watching for it. Hope the two are the same. A very wise man (drives a yellow '50 GMC) once told me "a man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

7. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Thanks Evan. Arrived on my front yesterday while we were in San Antonio. Arrived home late and didn't see it until today.