Wiper Motor Question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by steve, Jan 8, 2004.

1. steve

steve Member

I have electric wiper in my 1959 Apache, it's the stock setup. I have the 1958 Chevrolet Truck Shop Manual and on page 14-16. (I know we all have one). I don't understand the one brown wire? is the motor running off this wire only? I know the notor housing is grounded. If someone could explain this wire harnest I be thankfull.

I don't under the "A" and "B" connections in figure 30. Look like more then one brown wire to connect this wiper motor. Thanks:eek:

Thanks
    sign... can't drive in rain Steve

2. hkypooh

hkypooh Member

Steve, I'm not sure about the 59 but on my 61 the actual motor is not grounded to the frame. It has rubber bushings and brass bolts. An oranger wire takes power to the motor. A brown ground wire goes from the switch to the motor. When the switch is turned on the motor is grounded and starts to run.

3. steve

steve Member

Thanks for the response. The Apache 59's wiper actually has a grounding claw, this I believe compensates for the rubber bushing isolating the wiper motor housing. I can’t figure the two speeds working off one brown wire.

4. tech1

tech1 Member

The brown wire runs to the ignition resistor on the same side as where the wire runs to the ignition switch.