Wiring harness problem?

Discussion in 'Classic Parts of America Talk' started by 59redtruck, Aug 29, 2003.

1. 59redtruck

59redtruck Member

I have the whole harness installed except for one connection--the left parklamp. The wires that fork out of the main lighting run (near the left headlamp) are only 8 or so inches long. This is not nearly long enough to reach down to the parklamp connector. Is this the correct length, am I doing something wrong, or is the harness incorrect?

Thanks

1959 Chevy Apache 36 Series 3/4-ton Stake Bed

2. DrMike

DrMike Member

I found when I re-wired my truck a couple of years ago that I had to do several splices and that was one of them. When you have to do this, be sure your connections are good and that after doing the splice, seal it good with liquid electric tape. Keeps out moisture and prevents grounding out your wiring.

Good Luck,

Dr. Mike

3. 59redtruck

59redtruck Member

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping I don't have to splice. But if that's what it comes to...

I'm thinking about undoing some of the electrical tape wrap to free up some wire to reach the parklamp. Then re-wrap the undone wires with electrical tape. I hope it reaches...

Thanks

4. 59redtruck

59redtruck Member

Any input from Chevy Duty on the wires for the left parklamp being too short to reach?

Thanks

5. tech1

tech1 Member

This is the first that Iv'e heard about it. I'll look into it now that I am aware.