wiring question/ power windows

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by gmcman1965, Nov 22, 2008.

1. gmcman1965

gmcman1965 Member

i was wounder what anyone has done for running wires into the doors? am not putting in windows, (yet) but need wires for power locks and maybe future windows. so i want to set up for wires before i paint, but i want a good system as to not have problems with the wires getting pinched. thanks for all input! l

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Some folks use a looped harness , the 'U' shaped loop and good quality wire means it won't pinch nor wear out soon but lately I have noticed some Hot Rods with two strips of contact buttons for the current, this is super sanitary and nothing to ever wear out , of course the windows won't work with the doors open and the speakers won't play then either .........

3. drummin52

drummin52 Member

4. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Salvage

What ive always done is hunt thru the salvage yards for newer car rubber tubes that run from the door to the frame, and ive also come to realise that its best if the two holes are at a different height, ie: the door hole is 3 inches higher than the frame one, it makes the cable make an S shape and minimises flex of the cables when opening the door.

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I have run them piggyback with the hinge, make shure that they are well secured and leave some leader in the cowl panel so it doesn't pull. I have had greatluck with this way.