Yo, Nate, You are Famous!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Not only do we hang on your every word here, but you're now famous again on Stovebolt! "Joker" started a thread this morning on Stovebolt, as he always does on Friday, showing something really cool or interesting. So me, being the curious sort that i am, click on the link, and OMG, there's the Nate Mobile with a most awesome caboose in the background.

So Nate, how does it feel to be a celebrity? Should we expect to see your battered and scarred hands in concrete outside of Grommen's?

Here's the link: http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-bin//ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=008257

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

What The Heck ?!

I stopped going there a while back , too much traffic and wierdness going on .

I wonder where/why he got that picture ~ it's a great ' 20 footer ' truck :D

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

He took it off of Deve's site. Classic truck, classic caboose and classic guy! You da man! BTW, did I tell you that i've got a pair of NOS bumper guards for my '50? Just like the one's in your pic? I'm just a Nate wannabe!;)

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thanx !

Wait'll you see the other pix of my truck in this board.... I'm a computer dummy so you'll have to find 'em your ownself....

I've got two different BIG grille guards I want to try , see which one looks better and have it re-chromed and install that , move the bumperettes to the rear bumper...

One of these days . :rolleyes:

5. 54chevtruck

54chevtruck Member

While Nate, Ken is a Nate wannabe ? :eek: Something to be Proud of !!! Truck look's Great and a heck of a trip in the old AD.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Long Drive

Nah

it'a just like driving to work 1,295 times but allatonce , dig ? :D

7. Zig

Zig Member

What a great link to our hero! I couldn't help but check the rest of it out, and what did I find? Lunatic Fringe by "Redryder"! What an awesome concept... Stock 6 mated to a 5-speed tranny and a modern rear? Hmmm, Even has the right shade of red- It's just missing....

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

' It's Just Missing...'

....your name on the title ! ;)

9. Zig

Zig Member

Gawd~ that'd be a short-cut to the finish line! My knuckles and back would feel SO cheated! My knuckles have yet to give their fair share of skin (and blood)
    (when I break yet another bolt because I didn't spray any crap on the old rusted thing, nor take the usual "wait-time")
    And my back~ How could it EVER forgive me for not putting it through the paces of contorting to get to all the things to do under the dash?
    No- it's a great thought to fast forward, but I couldn't miss out on all that TLC I need to put into my GMC.

10. put-put

put-put Member

yea, Nate's FAMOUS in my book. Great truck! Background looks like CA Mojave.

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

The White Knight

No , that's when I drove it to Death Valley with Sexy Shirley then I decided I wanted to have lunch in Beaddy , Nv. , so I drove it up and over Daylight Pass (steep !) and stopped in to look at Rhyolite , Nv. , a cool little gohst town in the exact middle of NOWHERE , way up on the side of a mountain , the train station is still there as is the abandoned caboose ~ I have NO IDEA how the heck the trains got up that high , must be some gentle grade I never saw :confused:

For a clapped out beat to shyte old work truck that's been apart more often than Madonna's knees , it gets around pretty well :)

it's been to Death Valley twice or maybe three times now .

12. Zig

Zig Member

I know how it keeps going.... you open it's hood and whisper how you're gonna' reach in there and twist it's knobs 'till it's tuned within an inch of it's life! How the hell could it NOT run?!!!